Among all other skin problems the most embarrassing one is skin pigmentation or Melasma. Melasma can affect anyone. However it’s most common in women. Being affected by Melasma means that blotches of pigmentation suddenly appear on your skin. But actually what is pigmentation? What causes it? How can people get melasma? What can you do to prevent yourself from melasma? Let’s learn about it from the following.
What is Melasma and what causes it?
Exposure to sunlight stimulates the production of melanin. As a result, brown splotch appears on certain parts of skin which is known as melasma. The word Melasma is derived from the Greek word and (melas) in Greek. The originating word means black color.
Darker patches appear on the forehead, cheeks, upper lip, or jaw line that is exposed to the sun light. Melasma happens mainly during 30-40 years of age. However, melasma also appears in the midst of the neck, shoulders and upper arms. Melasma is more likely to affect those with fairer complexion. A type of melasma also occurs under the under arm. But that is genetically determined and is called Neurofibromatosis.
The usual types of Melasma and pigmentation may destroy the external beauty but it causes no harm internally. There are some types of melasma and pigmentation which can be coined as Skin cancer such as; Basal cell carcinoma and lentigo maligna melanoma. Whatever it is, these are actually curable if these problems are determined at an earlier stage. Melasma might attach whenever one gets exposed to sun light is a misconception. The heredity is one of the major issues here. In a research it has been founded that genetic tendency and sun light combines to form melasma. For some people, just with the slightest touch of sun rays noticeable pigmentations starts attacking the skin. Not only that, but also the outer layer of skin becomes thicker. Melasma is not seen on those whose skin complexion is already darker. It is because ultraviolet rays cannot influence the darker skin to much great extent.
What to Do?
- Use the best quality sunscreen every morning the sunscreen should be SPF 30 or higher;
- When getting out of the house wear scarf or wide brim hats.
- Wear something covering the shoulder and full sleeve dress
- Get a microdermabrasion or light peels, which, if done correctly
-Try your best to avoid bleaching facial. Go for such facials which contain Vitamin A Acid and such other differing types of ingredients naturally.
- It is best to avoid going outside at any time during and in-between morning 10:00 a.m. and evening 4:00 p.m.
- It is best to stop undertaking contraceptive pills and also one need to stop hormone therapy.
- Try to stay under shades when outside and if possible carry an umbrella.
- Try to make it a habit to apply sunscreen while going outside.
-Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and along with it stay neat and clean. -Don’t tend to go for tea, coffee or any alcohol related food. These types of food stimulate melasma.
Some Natural Steps to Get Rid Of Melasma
- Mix rice powder and egg together to form a paste and apply it over your face and let it stay for 2 minutes. Do this twice each week. This procedure helps you in getting rid of melasma and in the same way also makes your skin soft and smooth.
- Curd plays a significant role in getting rid of melasma. Apply curd all over your face and let it stay for 15–20 minutes for three days each week abd then wash it off. Sour Curd helps in getting rid of melasma
- Apply a mixture of an equal amount of vinegar and water. This helps in getting rid of melasma and at the same way the skin also gets smooth and brighter.
- Lemon juice contains anti-oxidant elements. This protects the skin from the sun’s harmful effects.
- Apply a mixture of water mixed with a little lemon juice on your skin regularly and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it off.
- Apply Aloe Vera Juice on the melasma affected areas with your finger and then wash it off the next morning. Maintaining and following this process for few days will help you in getting rid of melasma.
- Along with drinking Cinnamon water applying the mixture of cinnamon powder mixed with skimmed milk on the affected area of melasma will eventually help in getting rid of melasma all together.
Hope you will be get benefits from this post.