Most of us do not have the right idea regarding skin allergy. Skin allergy occurs due to various factors. As such we must have a basic idea about skin allergy. Then we should also be able to prevent it from happening.
- Pollen grain, polluted air, dust particles, smokes, house dust mites, smell from raw chemicals used as coloring agents may cause allergic reactions to our body.
- Fungus grows on dirty and wet substances. Sometimes fungal contamination of food also occurs due to various reasons. Breads, cakes and cheese are made by mixing a certain type of yeast to it. Onions and potatoes are also contaminated with fungus. This molds and fungus are one of the main reasons for causing skin allergy.
- Sweating during the hot climate and the house dust mites are also the major causes of skin allergies. For those who suffer from skin allergy, they must avoid the house dust. They need to keep themselves away especially when the house is getting cleaned. You also need to stay away when the furniture, blankets, curtains and pillows are getting cleaned to get rid of the accumulated dust.
- There is a huge possibility of getting skin allergy from various types of food items. For example allergy caused by dairy products or milk seems to be serious among children. Infants and children are known to be more allergic to milk and skin allergy happening due to milk, causes swelling of skin along with itchiness.
- Insect and mosquito bites results in itching and swelling. Severe allergic reactions are also due to bees, wasps, sand flies, paper wasps, hornets and so on.
- Hairy and furry pets or such animals covered with feathers are also one of the reasons of allergic reactions. Such type of animals’ are cats, dogs, etc.
- In addition to these, there is another common adult skin problem known as Urticaria or hives. Urticaria is local swelling of the skin and it can be rounded and elevated above the surrounding skin. The skin starts to swell causing it to itch. It happens to be the major symptom of allergic reaction. Urticaria happens to a lot of people during lifetime. The Urtiaria can be limited to a certain area of the body or may spread to the whole body. Different sizes of swollen red spots start appearing with intense itching syndrome. This disease can also appear from food allergies. For example allergies caused due to eating nuts, pulses, meats, eggs and so on.
- Allergies can also be caused from various types of insects.
- Drugs are also responsible for the trigger of skin allergy. Penicillin and Aspirin are two of the well known medicine known for it.
- We usually tend to take this medicine whenever we suffer from any sort of fever, pain or ache and that even without the doctor’s prescription. But we should stay aware of the fact that taking these medicines might trigger skin allergic reaction. In fact in certain situations Penicillin may be the cause of death. Other than these, there also other types of medicine which may trigger the allergic reaction. As such we should not take any sort of medicines without consulting doctor.
- Our children are given vaccines but in some cases there might be side effects. You should immediately take your child to a doctor if you notice your child suffering from itchiness just after the vaccination.
- Allergies might be triggered with excess use of makeup.
Some of the Ways to Get Rid of Allergy:
- One of the most important things to get rid of allergy is to keep your skin clean. Splash water on your face as often as possible. Avoid cosmetics with artificial ingredients and rather use natural home remedies.
- Apply a mixture of ground flour and cucumber juice on your skin and wait for few minutes. Then wash it off.
- Make a mixture of flour and rose water to clean your face.
- Mix Fenugreek seeds with ground cloves and apply it on your acne for few minutes. It works best for those who are suffering from oily skin.
- Gently rub few ice cubes on your skin before going out.
- You can apply cotton pads soaked in lemon juice on your skin. Excessive sweating can decrease the skin moisture. This causes various bacterial infections getting stuck underneath the pores. It is also advisable to wipe away the excess sweat from your skin.
- Take your shower regularly. Drink plenty of water. Use sunscreen. Along with these, also use deodorants and body sprays.
- Those who suffer from itchy skin will get benefits from using the juice of Neem leaves.
- Skin rashes and allergies may be due to using the makeup. As such it is important to remove the makeup properly. Those who suffer from acne problem must remove their makeup with a gentle cleanser. Skin should not be rubbed harshly. After removing the makeup and cleaning the skin properly, one should use a good moisturizer to retain the skin’s natural moisture and to keep it hydrated.
- Drink a mug full of water which is boiled with few drops of lemon juice just at the beginning of your day. It works as a good antioxidant. Drinking green tea instead of coffee also works wonder to keep your skin beautiful.
- Include fruits and vegetable in your diet.
Allergy is a preventable disease. Nowadays there are different types of medicine to cure allergy but the medicines are hardly helpful to fight the pain and skin irritation. To get a permanent relief one needs to find out the cause of it. Then an allergic patient can easily get relief from the allergies with the proper prescription from the doctor and by taking the right medicines. We must keep this in mind that allergic reaction may trigger all of a sudden at any time, at any age and at any circumstance. To sum up, you should avoid doing those things and taking those things which might be the cause of allergic reactions and should also consult a doctor.